Hello beautiful girl! You seem to have stumbled across my blog and I am SO EXCITED that you have! There is a lot of info on here, and will be a lot more in the future. But before we get in to the nitty gritty, I thought you might want to get to know me a little better! So here is 10 facts about me, just so we can become BFFS a bit quicker.
1. I am a holistic health and wellness coach! Everything from being stuck in a rut, to using food to heal, exercise, mental health. The works. I focus on whole food, plant based food programs and holistic exercise programs (that you can actually stick to) to become a happier and healthier YOU!
2. I absolutely love outdoor recreation! But I just don’t do it enough myself. In the past I worked with kids and adults of all ages and guided them through zip line courses, abseiling, rock climbing, high ropes obstacle courses, mountain bike riding, orienteering, raft building and just all round good adventure!
3. I’m one of those crazy vegans who “eat grass and yell at people who aren’t”. Just kidding. I’m not like that. I’ve been vegan for 3 years now and will never look back. My health has changed, my happiness has changed and I feel more ‘at peace’ if that’s a thing. I love to cook and make ‘healthy vegan versions’ of things that I loved as a kid or are really popular and I love cooking for all of my family and friends. Vegan for my health, for the animals, for the planet.
4. I don’t drink alcohol – AT ALL! I haven’t for around 2 or 2.5 years. I’m actually allergic to alcohol itself and one glass would have me (sorry) in the bathroom coming out the same way it went in. I really also only ever drank alcohol if I had a bad day or was going out and used it to ‘be normal’ and mask my anxiety of being out drinking or socialising at night in pubs etc. Not drinking has opened up my mind and my heart to be open and honestly my relationships are that much stronger now that there’s no mask in front. Also it’s hard to stay healthy when you drink and I’d rather those calories for some vegan chocolate like @vegobar or salt and vinegar chips. #Priorities #onlysometimes
5. My nickname is Llama and now there’s a Llama emoji my life is complete. But no, you may not call me Llama because there’s enough of that already.
6. I looove Harry Potter! My favourite movie is Prisoner of Azkaban! My favourite character is Hermione because she’s just this epic badass strong independent woman who punches Malfoy in the face. She kind of reminds me of me a little bit when I was younger with my head in the books. Which is funny because I haven’t actually read all of the books! I struggle to read sometimes and especially find time to read, and prefer to listen to them on audiobooks. So they’re now on my Audible Wish List but there’s so many books before the Harry Potter series. But I flew all the way to Orlando with my BFF to go to Diagon Alley and Hogsmeade at Universal Studios…
7. I don’t like to use chemicals as much as I can possibly help it. All of my makeup, skin care, cleaning products etc. are all organic and as chemical-free as they can be. I like to know that my body is not absorbing toxic chemicals from generic makeup and cleaning products and I HATE perfume! With a passion. Do. Not. Wear. It. Around. Me. Seriously. It’s as bad as smoking in my eyes. Please don’t drown yourself in that toxic cr*p!
8. Speaking of toxic-free, I love to use essential oils. They’re amazing for my skin, my health, my cleaning products and the brand I use make EPIC toothpaste! It’s also something I don’t really feel like I need to learn a lot about because if I have a question I can just go ask my mum who works wonders with these in her Remedial Massage business! Save that brain space for something else haha.
9. I absolutely LOVE Christmas! Not the whole present giving thing, but the decorations, the food, the SMELLS (there’s an essential oil called Christmas Spirit and it’s like a big juicy hug it’s sooo good). But most of all the way it brings family together. It’s funny how extended family hardly ever see each other, and then all of a sudden it’s Christmas and we’re all bringing food and playing games together just like last Christmas. I dream of the day Brad and I own our own home and can have all of our families together to enjoy special times, not just at Christmas time. I think people get so caught up in life that they push family time to the back burner, and I am definitely the one always trying to organise our family get togethers. I’m also pretty sad that this will be the first year ever that Brad and I won’t be spending Christmas with our families.
10. I am soooooo bloody emotional it’s not funny. But it’s not all bad! I feel like I just have a huge heart. If I’m really happy, I cry. If I’m sad, I cry. If I’m confused, I cry. I see a cute baby animal, yeah I’ll probably cry. But mostly I’m happy and I feel like I just show my huge passion for life through my emotion. So if you see me crying don’t even worry, I’m probably not even sad!
I hope this list gives you an insight into who I am. This is only the beginning and I am SO EXCITED for wherever this blog is going to go. I have no idea on that part yet, but we’ll get there. I’d love to get to know you a bit better though as well, so I would love you to comment below ONE thing about yourself! Until next time beautiful.
<3 Alannah xx